A home is a place where you should relax and have interesting things to do. One of the best things you can do is to watch TV. But, you may have to look for the remote and walk around to get it. The small movements from here and there are tiresome, if you live alone; you know how it feels to get up from your comfy couch every time you need something.
Google Home Mini smartens your home and make sure you can watch TV any time without worrying about the remote. It has several smart ways to blend almost seamlessly with your other home products.
One of them is easy to TV control with various options such as voice commands. If you have a smartphone, choosing how to set up Google home mini to TV is even easier. Read on to learn more.
How to Set Up Google Home Mini to TV
You cannot connect Google Home to your TV, but you can send audio commands through it. The voice commanding requires a specific set up so that you as stream content from various apps while allowing you to control some functions of the TV. The best thing is that Google Home is compatible with most TV models. Here are some ways that you can use to do this:
Google Chromecast plugs into various TVs as long as the model has HDMI input; this enables you to use a tablet or a smartphone to stream the content you want via Chromecast. You use voice commands on the phone, but you watch the content on the TV screen. However, the TV and the smart mobile gadget must be connected to the same network. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Switch on the TV and ensure that the Chrome screen appears on your TV.
- Move to the Google Home App using your android phone or tablet.
- Top the spear-like icon on the far right corner.
- Add New Device on the next screen
- Set up Wi-Fi by following provided instructions
- A code will appear on the TV screen and the phone, the two matches; move to "Next."
- Finally, choose a region and add the name of your choice.
After linking Chrome to Google Home, you now use voice command with the following services:
- Google Photos
- YouTube TV
TV Google Assistant
TV Google Assistant is built-in and as efficient as additional apps and devices when looking for options on how to set up Google home mini to TV. The first smart TV to come with built-in Google Assistant was LG in 2018, and it uses the ThinQ AI system in controlling and streaming. Other brands followed suit and you can choose your favorite model and still enjoy this feature.
The Google Assistant allows you to reach out to more functions beyond what an ordinary TV can offer. You can activate the Google Assistant and internal AI using the TV’s remote, which must be voiced enabled. This means you do not need a Smartphone or a separate device for Google Home.
However, even a TV with built-in can still use Google Chromecast. Though, it’s not necessary since you can enjoy the versatility of Google Home without any additions.
Third-Party Use Google Home
A third party remote control enables you to connect to Google Home. Many brands are offering these control systems, including Logitech Harmony. The Remote allows easy control and access to content using voice commands. Here are steps to link up with Google Home to TV with Harmony Remote.
- Start with "OK Google, ask Harmony to link to my account."
- Go to your smartphone and open the Google Home App and look for the option Link to Harmony, which will be displayed on your screen.
- Move to Link, at the far right-hand corner. If you cannot see the option, go the menu icon, and tap on Explore, move to Harmony, and select Link.
- Next step, sign using your username and password.
- You will come across several screens titled Select Activities. Select where you see voice commands control by Harmony.
- Finally, go to the "Now for fun part" and choose Link Account.
When looking for how to set up Google Home Mini to TV, you have several options. It makes connecting and controlling TV easy and quick. You can choose either of the above methods above to link Google Home.
Try one or two and stick to what suits your needs perfectly. Remember, you must have a smart TV for you to enjoy these smart options.