Home Tips: What Is theBest Home Assistant Device? (2020)
Having an AI assistant at home is slowly becoming a necessity. A home assistant allows convenient access to many things that would otherwise shift your attention from your normal activities. For instance, ordering items online or dimming the lights in your living can be done through a simple voice command. What is the best home assistant device you can buy in 2020?
Home Assistants- What Are Theyand What Do They Do?
Home assistants are devices with an intelligent computer-generated voice that you can talk to or ask a question. Home assistants are also referred to as smart speakers, home hubs, or AI assistants. While some assistants can be accessed using a smartphone or tablet, a home assistant must be a standalone device equipped with a smart assistant.
A good home assistant should allow you to do the following with voice commands:
- Check the weather
- Control other smart devices in your home- e.g.,Thermostats, lights, and smart doorbells
- Order things online
- Play music or podcasts
- Read the news
- Make voice calls
- Communicate with other smart speakers in your house- virtual intercom
Ahome assistant can be the focal point in any smart home setup, especially if it’s a DIY smart home setup. Popular smart home assistantsalso act as hubs to register and organize all the smart devices, appliances, and fixtures in your home.
Some of the most popular home assistants include Google Home, Google Home Mini, Google Home Hub, Google Home Max, Amazon Echo, Echo dot, Sonos One, Sonos Beam, Google Nest Hub Max, JBL link, among others.
The Google Nest Hub Max-Best Choice
Google’s flagship home assistant device stands out as the best choice for DIY smart home buyers this year. It not only acts as a standalone home assistant but as a home hub and smart display. The Nest hub max has some neat features that would make you fall in love instantly. For instance, it uses its internal camera to recognize faces and change the settings and information to suit each family member.
You can use the Google Nest Hub max as a home assistant and also as a display to watch YouTube videos, Netflix, and browse the web. The nest hub also impresses as a home hub, seamlessly connecting to over 10,000 smart devices from over 1000 different manufacturers. You can use the display or voice assistant to control and configure all devices and appliances in your home.
Here ten ways you can use the Google Nest Hub Max at home:
- As an entertainment hub- watching videos, listening to music,podcasts. It can spice up individual playlists and recommendations using face match too.
- As a stereo speaker- You can pair the hub with any other smart speaker in your home to play360-degree sound in your room.
- Controlling the tv – turn your tv on and off with voice commands or through the touch display.You can even control services such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and the rest using Google Nest Hub.
- Video calling – You can make video calls to other nest hubs or via the Google Duo hub using the Google Nest hub, inbuilt camera, and display.
- Use it as a virtual assistant- set reminders, schedule appointments using the Nest Hub Max
- Security monitor- You can pair the hub with any compatible video doorbell or smart camera and have them relay the video to the hub.
- Use the Nest Hub Max as a photo frame- renders crystal-clear portraits in HD.
- Use it in the kitchen for recipes and as a reminder/timer.
- You can use it as a friendly companion. Ask the assistant to read a meme, tell a joke or sing for you if you are feeling a bit lonelyJ
- You can use the Nest Hub max as your personal interpreter by activating interpreter mode. The inbuilt assistant understands and interprets26 different languages such as Italian, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Bengali, Filipino, Hungarian, Urdu, among others.
It’s hard to find any flaw in the Nest Hub Max as far as being a home assistant is concerned. Some people might complain about the inbuilt speakers, but this can be overlooked,given the features included. The nest hub blows the competition in terms of features, reliability, ease of use, and versatility.
Since acquiring Nest Inc, Google has made significant strides in the smart home automation market by bringing competitive products like the Nest Hub, thermostats, and doorbells into the market. You can only appreciate the effort they’ve put into this segment if you get to useGoogle Nest Hub Max daily. It’s definitelyworth every penny